Taisen's Ham Bean and Potatoe Soup. Cook beans and ham until done, then add cubed potatoes, chopped celery, onions and. pepper. This hearty Ham and Potato Soup is made with a ham shank or leftover ham bone and russet potatoes. Is there anything better on a cold winter day than a big bowl of hearty ham and potato soup?
It's a hearty protein-packed soup that will keep you satisfied long after a meal. Crock Pot Ham and Bean Soup is one of those awesome homemade soups we love when the weather turns Slow Cooker Green Beans, Ham and Potatoes. Ham and Bean Soup – a homestyle, hearty and delicious soup that couldn't be easier to make!
Actually this is a simple recipe just when the other ones. I think the hardest allowance is to locate the best ingredients hence you can enjoy the savory Taisen's Ham Bean and Potatoe Soup for your lunch with your associates or family. You can cook Taisen's Ham Bean and Potatoe Soup using 13 ingredients and 15 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Taisen's Ham Bean and Potatoe Soup
- Prepare 1 of left over ham with or without bone. up to you.
- Prepare 1 of to 2 cans of pinto beans.
- Prepare 1 of to 2 cans northern beans.
- You need 2 of or 3 cans of potatoes ( whole ones cut up into smaller size ) , fresh potatoes 4 to 5 large peeled and cut into smaller pieces.
- You need 1 of ham stock or left over juice from cooking the ham the day before. ( we made a ham last night and saved all the juices to use in the soup ).
- It’s 1 of beef bullion cube.
- Prepare 1 of onion or onion powder.
- Prepare 1 of garlic powder or fresh garlic minced ( about 4 to 5 cloves ).
- You need 1 of pepper to taste.
- You need 1 of milk.
- It’s 1 of flour.
- It’s 1 of honey and/or pancake syrup ( optional for a little sweetness ).
- Prepare 1 of beef or vegetable stock if needed for more liquid ( optional ).
It requires minimal ingredients including a leftover Ham and bean soup was one of my mom's go-to dinners growing up. Almost every single Sunday she made roast beef or ham and so of course when. Ham Hock and bean soup in Instant Pot, Crock pot or slow cooker. Second of all, we've made so many variations of ham and bean soup in the stove top and the slow cooker.
Taisen's Ham Bean and Potatoe Soup instructions
- Pull off as much of the ham that you can. Put that into a big pot or other slow cooker..
- Add in drained beans to the ham you took off the bone..
- Using water add in about 3 to 4 beef bouillon cubes. Boil and dissolve. Add to the meat and beans. About 2 to 3 cups..
- Using the left over ham on the bone, put that in a saucepan with the juices from the leftover ham. Add in a little water if needed and add beef bouillon cubes. About 2 or 3..
- If you are using ham that hasn't been used yet, you can do the same thing except for adding in juices. You can also skip this and just cut up the ham into pieces. Adding flavor later..
- Let the ham cook down. Let it start falling off the bone. Once that happens you are ready to pull that out. You can get more of the meat off at this point..
- Remove the ham and bone from the liquid, pull off any extra meat and add to the pot. You can start adding more of that liquid into the pot as well..
- Mince garlic or use garlic powder. Add in. Add in all seasonings and put a lid on the pot after stirring..
- Peel potatoes or open canned. If your using potatoes from a can drain, and cut into half, leave whole or cut into smaller pieces. Fresh, peel rinse and cut into desired size..
- You can add the rinsed potatoes into the pot or you can boil them separately just to get them a little softer before adding in. I boil mine just a bit, not all the way and then drain and add. Do NOT rinse. The starch helps thicken the soup..
- If needed, put flour and milk in a bowl. Get the lumps out. Take some of the liquid from the pot and put into a small saucepan. Stir in the milk and flour combination slowly. Then as that thickens, add this slowly to the soup..
- Taste taste taste !!!! Add whatever is needed. I only use salt (very little because ham is salty), pepper, garlic and onion or onion powder..
- Let the soup cook until the potatoes are fully soft or just a bit firm if you prefer..
- I always use ham that is from the night before. When I heat up my ham, I add in a little butter, brown sugar, syrup and honey. I spoon over the juices on top of the ham while heating. Same as basting a turkey. You can add any of these to the soup for a bit of sweetness..
- Serve with warm rolls or butter bread. Enjoy !.
With different tests of soaking and not-soaking the beans, the flavors are great but they all take time to prepare. Nana's Epic Navy Bean Ham Bone Soup Recipe: A simple, yet utterly tempting, ham and bean soup recipe is a great way to use your leftover holiday ham bone. This delicious Instant Pot Ham and Bean Soup Recipe is quick, easy and oh so filling! You are going to love how quick and simple this recipe is when you use The ham gives the soup a delicious flavor that will have everyone coming back for more. It turns out so tender and is absolutely perfect for a cold day.
Just inform you that this recipe already tested by team, you conveniently follow every the cooking instructions and prepare the ingredients to acquire the savory Taisen's Ham Bean and Potatoe Soup. If you have questions or requests something like this article, absorb entry us as soon as possible. And don’t forget to bookmark this page appropriately you will easily locate it another time later. The content source: https://cookpad.com