Greek Fakes Soupa – lentil and summer veggie soup 🌱. Greek lentil soup (Fakes soup) is one of the most popular winter Greek dishes, and with good reason! High in nutritional value, simple to prepare with an exquisite taste, this traditional Greek dish is the best way to promote healthier eating habits for you and your family. Lentils (fakes) are a wonderful source.
This Greek lentil soup brings me the comfort of home every time. Fakes Soupa is authentic Greek lentil soup. Legumes are an important part of the Greek diet, and lentil soup is a filling, warming perennial favorite.
Surprisingly this is an easy recipe just past the extra ones. I think the hardest portion is to locate the best ingredients as a result you can enjoy the appetizing Greek Fakes Soupa – lentil and summer veggie soup 🌱 for your dinner with your associates or family. You can cook Greek Fakes Soupa – lentil and summer veggie soup 🌱 using 20 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Greek Fakes Soupa – lentil and summer veggie soup 🌱
- You need 1 of carrot.
- You need 1 of stem celery.
- It’s 1 of courgette.
- Prepare 1 of or more pepper (any colour).
- It’s 1 of onion.
- You need 1 of bay leaf.
- It’s 1 sprig of rosemary.
- Prepare 1 of spring Thyme.
- You need 2 cloves of garlic.
- You need 1 handful of spinach.
- Prepare 2 cloves of garlic.
- You need 1-2 of tomato – grated.
- You need 1 cup of cooked brown or green lentils.
- It’s of Olive oil.
- Prepare 1 of crumble of vegan feta (optional).
- Prepare 1 splash of red wine vinegar.
- You need 1 splash of vegan Worcestershire Sauce.
- Prepare 3 cups of water or veg stock.
- It’s 1 of sprinkle of chopped parley and mint (add fresh at the end).
- It’s 1 squeeze of lemon.
As an added bonus, fakes soupa is incredibly healthy, packed with fiber, vitamins, and iron—and, of course, the lentils are fat-free. This Greek Lentil Soup (called Fakes Soupa, or Faki, in Greek) is my all time favorite lentil soup recipe. This lentil soup recipe is simplicity at its best. It was one of my favorite things to eat growing up, and it's the perfect thing to eat with some crusty, buttered bread on a cold fall or winter evening.
Greek Fakes Soupa – lentil and summer veggie soup 🌱 instructions
- Chop the onion and sauté in your soup pot on a low a little oil until soft and brown. Add the garlic (I slice but you may prefer to crush) and stir for a couple of minutes until translucent. Add the hard herbs and the celery..
- Chop the root veg and add to the pot. You can dice or keep them chunky, I make this both ways. Add the red wine vinegar and vegan Worstershire sauce and stir until the gain a little colour. Add the grated tomato and stir until thickened. Add the water or stick and simmer until the veg are starting to soften. Add the lentils and more stock if needed. Add the courgettes and when it’s almost cooked add the spinach..
- Serve and sprinkle with feta, a swirl of olive oil, a good squeeze of lemon and the chopped herbs or a few olives 🌿.
Fakes Soupa is a Greek lentil soup is incredibly hearty and flavorful, is sure to warm you up on a cool winter night. Traditionally, the soup has a small list of ingredients. Lentils, onions, garlic, bay leaves, olive oil, and red wine vinegar are all you really need to create a hearty, flavorful, and quite satisfying. Fakes (pronounced fakhés) is a Greek vegan lentil soup with vegetables. It is of high nutritional value which makes it perfect for the cold days!
Just to let you know the recipe already tested by team, you clearly follow every the cooking steps and prepare the ingredients to get the delectable Greek Fakes Soupa – lentil and summer veggie soup 🌱. If you have questions or requests vis–vis this article, absorb retrieve us as soon as possible. And don’t forget to bookmark this page consequently you will easily find it once again later. The content source: https://cookpad.com