Slow Cooker Southwestern Chicken Soup.
Believe it or not this is a simple recipe just gone the other ones. I think the hardest share is to locate the best ingredients so you can enjoy the appetizing Slow Cooker Southwestern Chicken Soup for your lunch with your associates or family. You can have Slow Cooker Southwestern Chicken Soup using 18 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Slow Cooker Southwestern Chicken Soup
- Prepare of bone-in chicken pieces (I like dark meat – more flavor. 🙂 ).
- It’s of water.
- You need of small onion, cut into 1-inch pieces.
- Prepare of garlic, peeled and lightly crushed.
- Prepare of medium carrots, cut into 1/2-inch thick pieces (I like to cut them big for slow cooking so they don't disintegrate and still retain some texture).
- Prepare of medium bell pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces (I happened to use the Hatch chilies I roasted the other day, but they're seasonal and sometimes hard to come by even when they're in season).
- You need of large stem celery, cut into 1/2-inch pieces.
- It’s of can black beans, rinsed and drained (optional – I don't always care for beans in this soup – but add a 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt to the recipe if you add the beans).
- It’s of a 15 oz. can of corn (or 1 cup frozen or fresh corn kernels).
- It’s of a 15 oz. can of tomatoes.
- You need of cumin.
- It’s of dried oregano.
- You need of bay leaves.
- It’s of kosher salt to start.
- It’s of fresh squeezed lime juice.
- It’s of chopped cilantro (optional for the cilantro haters, of course).
- It’s of fish sauce (optional, but recommended).
- You need of optional garnish: fried tortilla chips or strips, chopped fresh chilies, onions, cilantro, avocado, and lime wedges.
Slow Cooker Southwestern Chicken Soup step by step
- Dump all but garnish ingredients into your slow cooker and give it a few good stirs..
- Cook on low for 7 to 9 hours, or high for 5 to 7, depending on how hot your slow cooker gets..
- It's always nice if you can give the soup a few gentle stirs throughout the cooking process, but if you can't manage that because you're out of the house, then you can give it a stir and adjust the seasoning as necessary as soon as you get home. This will give the soup some time to more evenly and thoroughly absorb flavor before you sit down to enjoy it..
- I like it with a little steamed rice, some chopped onions and cilantro on top, a good extra squeeze of lime, and a few lashings of Tapatío. 🙂 Enjoy!.
I want just to let you know the recipe already tested by team, you clearly follow all the cooking steps and collect the ingredients to get the delectable Slow Cooker Southwestern Chicken Soup. If you have questions or requests with reference to this article, entertain contact us as soon as possible. And don’t forget to bookmark this page thus you will easily find it over later.