Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe site, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the best Homemade Chicken and Egg Noodles recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Homemade Chicken and Egg Noodles recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about The Simple Ways to Be Healthy.
We all know that, in order to really be healthful, nutritious and balanced diets are important as are good amounts of exercise. However, we do not always have the time or the energy that this type of lifestyle requires. Working out at the gym isn’t something people want to do when they get off from work. We want a delicious, greasy burger, not an equally tasty salad (unless we’re vegetarians). The good news is that making healthy choices doesn’t have to be irritating. With practice you can get all of the nutritional requirements and the exercise that you need. Here are some very simple ways to get healthful.
Go up the stairs. Instead of choosing the elevator, climb the stairs to your floor. Obviously this isn’t as plausible if you work on the 25th floor of a high rise, but if you work on the fourth, climbing the stairs is a great way to get some exercise in. If you do work on a extremely high floor, why not get off the elevator a couple of floors early and walk the rest of the way? Lots of people choose the easy elevator ride instead of making an efforts on the stairs. That one flight of stairs—when taken a handful of times a day—can be just the additional boost that your system needs.
There are a good deal of things that factor into getting healthy. Not all of them require fancy gym memberships or restricted diets. Little things, when done each day, can do plenty to help you get healthy and lose pounds. Being smart when you choose your food and activities is where it begins. Wanting to get in as much physical activity as possible is another. Don’t ignore that health isn’t only about simply how much you weigh. It has more to do with making your body as powerful as it can be.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to homemade chicken and egg noodles recipe. You can have homemade chicken and egg noodles using 11 ingredients and 15 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Homemade Chicken and Egg Noodles:
- Use 125 g of Flour (1 U.S. cup).
- You need 4 of Egg yolks (or 1.5 to 2 whole eggs).
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of Salt.
- Take 2 Tbsp of Cold water.
- Provide 250-300 g of Chicken, thigh is nice (1/2 to 3/4 lb).
- Prepare 1/4 of Onion.
- Prepare 1 stalk of Celery.
- Get 1 of large carrot.
- Prepare of Optional:.
- Use 1 of Bay leaf.
- Provide 1 tsp of dry thyme or a few fresh sprigs.
Instructions to make Homemade Chicken and Egg Noodles:
- First, let's make the noodles! Using just egg yolks gives the riches egg noodle, but as mentioned in the description, you can use 1.5-2 whole eggs instead..
- Separate the whites from the yolk by carefully cracking the egg and letting the white fall into a bowl (make sure the yolk doesn't fall in!). *Egg whites can be kept in the fridge for 2 days or freeze well too..
- In a bowl, mix the flour, egg yolks and salt..
- It will be a little dry and crumbly, but once the dough starts to hold together, add about 2 Tbsp of water to get the dough just moist enough to knead..
- Form the dough into a ball and remove to a floured working surface..
- Knead with the palm of your hand for a few minutes until you get a smooth ball of dough. If it sticks to your hands or the surface, sprinkle more flour..
- Once the ball of dough is nice and smooth, roll it out as thin as possible. Again, sprinkle with a plenty of flour to prevent sticking..
- Roll the sheet of dough up like rolling a poster. Slice the dough roll to make the noodles. It can be as thick or thin as you like. Unravel the noodles and cut into smaller size. Dust with flour and let them sit out to dry out..
- While the noodles are drying, prepare the soup. I used chicken thigh because it stays tender even if boiled, but you can use breast meat..
- Slice the carrots and celery. Dice the onion. Leave the chicken whole..
- Add all ingredients except the noodles to a pot and cover with water (I added about 800-900 ml / about 3.5 cups). If using bay leaf and thyme, you can add it here..
- Bring to a boil on high, then reduce to a low simmer. Skim off any of the foam that arises from boiling the chicken. Let simmer on low for 45-60 min..
- Remove the chicken from the soup. Pull apart the meat with two forks or with your fingers..
- Return chicken to the pot and add salt and pepper to taste. Bring to a boil and add the noodles. Stir, turn to low heat and cook covered for another 20-30 minutes until noodles are soft..
- Adjust taste with salt and pepper. Serve into bowls as is, or if you *really* want to eat it country style, spoon it over mashed potatoes for a carbohydrate fest (lol). Great the next day too!.
If you find this Homemade Chicken and Egg Noodles recipe valuable please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.