Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe site, if you’re looking for Cheesy Hasselback Potato Gratin recipe, look no further! We provide you only the best Cheesy Hasselback Potato Gratin recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Cheesy Hasselback Potato Gratin recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about The Simple Ways to Be Healthy.
Everybody knows that in order to truly be healthy you need to eat a nutritious and balanced diet and get a proper level of exercise. Sadly, there isn’t often enough time or energy for us to really do the things we need to do. Going to the gym isn’t something people want to do when they get off from work. A hot, grease laden burger is usually our food of choice and not a crunchy green salad (unless we are vegetarians). You should be pleased to learn that getting healthy doesn’t always have to be super difficult. If you are persistent you’ll get all of the activity and healthy food choices you need. Here are some ideas to be as healthy as possible.
Water is the most effective drinks out there. Having a soda or cup of coffee every so often won’t hurt you too badly. Using them for your lone source of hydration, conversely, is dumb. When you decide on water over other beverages you are helping your body stay very healthful and hydrated. This also helps you decrease your caloric intake by hundreds of points without needing to buy and eat disgusting diet foods. Successful weight loss efforts often depend solely on water ingestion.
There are all kinds of things that you can do to get healthy. Extensive gym visits and narrowly defined diets are not always the solution. You can do small things each day to improve upon your health and lose weight. Being intelligent about the decisions you make each day is a start. Getting as much physical exercise as possible is another factor. Remember: being healthful isn’t just about slimming down. You need to make your body as strong you can make it.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to cheesy hasselback potato gratin recipe. You can cook cheesy hasselback potato gratin using 8 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
The ingredients needed to prepare Cheesy Hasselback Potato Gratin:
- Get 4 of Gruyere or comte cheese, grated.
- Take 3 of Parmigiano-Reggiano, grated.
- Prepare 2 cup of heavy cream.
- Get 4 clove of garlic, minced.
- Get 1 1/2 tbsp of fresh thyme, chopped.
- Get of salt & pepper.
- Take 3 large of russet potatoes, thinly sliced.
- Provide 2 tbsp of unsalted butter.
Instructions to make Cheesy Hasselback Potato Gratin:
- Adjust oven rack to middle position and heat oven to 400°F. Combine cheeses in a large bowl. Transfer 1/3 of cheese mixture to a separate bowl and set aside. Add cream, garlic and thyme to cheese mixture. Season generously with salt and pepper. Add potato slices and toss with your hands until every slice is coated with cream mixture, making sure to separate any slices that are sticking together to get the cream mixture in between them..
- Grease a 2-quart casserole dish with butter. Pick up a handful of potatoes, organizing them into a neat stack, and lay them in the casserole dish with their edges aligned vertically. Continue placing potatoes in the dish, working around the perimeter and into the center until all the potatoes have been added. The potatoes should be very tightly packed. If necessary, slice an additional potato, coat with cream mixture, and add to casserole. Pour the excess cream/cheese mixture evenly over the potatoes until the mixture comes halfway up the sides of the casserole. You may not need all the excess liquid..
- Cover dish tightly with foil and transfer to the oven. Bake for 30 minutes. Remove foil and continue baking until the top is pale golden brown, about 30 minutes longer. Carefully remove from oven, sprinkle with remaining cheese, and return to oven. Bake until deep golden brown and crisp on top, about 30 minutes longer. Remove from oven, let rest for a few minutes, and serve..
- Note: Because of variation in the shape of potatoes, the amount of potato that will fit into a single casserole dish varies. Longer, thinner potatoes will fill a dish more than shorter, rounder potatoes. When purchasing potatoes, buy a few extra in order to fill the dish if necessary. Depending on exact shape and size of potatoes and casserole dish, you may not need all of the cream mixture..
If you find this Cheesy Hasselback Potato Gratin recipe helpful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.