Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe site, if you’re looking for Crusty French Baguette Recipe recipe, look no further! We provide you only the best Crusty French Baguette Recipe recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Crusty French Baguette Recipe recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Make Healthy Eating A Part of Your Life.
The benefits of healthy eating are these days being given more attention than ever before and there are many reasons for doing this. The overall economy is affected by the number of men and women who suffer from health conditions such as hypertension, which is directly linked to poor eating habits. There are more and more campaigns to try to get us to follow a healthier way of living and still it is also easier than ever to rely on fast, convenient food that is not good for our health. In all probability, a lot of people believe that it takes a great deal of work to eat healthily and that they will need to drastically alter their lifestyle. In reality, though, just making a couple of minor changes can positively impact everyday eating habits.
The first change to make is to pay more attention to what you buy when you do your food shopping because it is likely that you tend to pick up many of the things without thinking. For instance, has it crossed your mind to check how much sugar and salt are in your favorite cereal? One wholesome substitute that can give you a good start to your day is oatmeal. By putting in fresh fruit, you can give your oatmeal a better flavor and, before you know it, you will have made a healthy change to your diet.
Hence, it should be somewhat obvious that it’s not at all difficult to add healthy eating to your everyday life.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to crusty french baguette recipe recipe. You can cook crusty french baguette recipe using 8 ingredients and 15 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
The ingredients needed to prepare Crusty French Baguette Recipe:
- Get 2 of yeast envelopes dry active (1 1/2 tbl).
- Prepare 3 of honey tbl.
- Take of water warm.
- Provide 3 1/2 cups of all purpose flour.
- Use 2 tsps of salt.
- Take of olive oil greasing for bowl.
- Take of semolina flour cornmeal baguette or for dusting.
- Provide 2 cups of ice cubes.
Instructions to make Crusty French Baguette Recipe:
- Microwave 1/2 cup water for 30 seconds. Mix honey and yeast Into warm water. Let stand for at least 5 minutes until yeast is activated and starts to foam.
- Mix the flour and salt in a large mixing bowl with a dough hook. Add the yeast mixture..
- Gradually add 1 cup warm water until dough comes together in a ball that isn't too wet..
- Kneed for 2-6 mins until smooth and elastic..
- Shape the dough into a ball and place in a lightly greased bowl in a warm place until doubled in size (aprox 30 mins).
- Punch dough down and divide it in half..
- Shape the halves into 2 baguettes by making each a flat rectagle and folding in half, and in half again. Stretch into a baguette shape..
- Dust with Semolina flour or cornmeal. Place the baguettes on a baking sheet lined with a baking mat..
- Deeply slit the tops..
- Let rise again for about 30 mins until doubled in size. Cover with a clean towel..
- Position oven racks with one on the bottom with an oven safe (non-glass) pan on it, and the other oven rack in the middle.
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
- Remove the towel from the dough after it has risen for the second time, and place on the middle oven rack..
- In the bottom oven rack, put the ice cubes in the pan and quickly shut the oven door. (this creates the crispy crust).
- Bake until golden, about 15 – 20 mins..
If you find this Crusty French Baguette Recipe recipe valuable please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.