Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe page, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the best Pulled Pork recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Pulled Pork recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Suggestions For Living Green And Saving Money Within the Kitchen.
Remember when the only people who cared about the ecosystem were tree huggers and hippies? That’s a thing of the past now, with everybody being aware of the problems besetting the planet as well as the shared burden we have for turning things around. The experts are agreed that we cannot adjust things for the better without everyone’s active contribution. This needs to happen soon and living in approaches more friendly to the environment should become a goal for every individual family. The kitchen area is a good place to start saving energy by going much more green.
Start with replacing the bulbs. Of course you shouldn’t confine this to only the cooking area. You should change your incandescent lights with energy-saver, compact fluorescent light bulbs. These bulbs are usually energy-efficient which means electricity consumption is lower, and, even though they cost a bit more to buy, will outlast an incandescent light ten times over. One of the pluses is that for every one of these lightbulbs used, it ensures that approximately ten normal lightbulbs less will end up at a landfill site. It goes further than simply exchanging the lights, though; turning off lights that aren’t needed is definitely another good thing to do. The family spends major time in the cooking area, and how frequently does the kitchen light go on in the morning and is left on all day long. Of course this also happens in other rooms, not simply the kitchen. Make a habit of having the lights on only when they are required, and you’ll be surprised at the amount of electricity you save.
The kitchen by itself offers you many small methods by which energy and money can be saved. Natural living is actually something we can all accomplish, without difficulty. Mostly, all it takes is a bit of common sense.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to pulled pork recipe. You can have pulled pork using 13 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
The ingredients needed to cook Pulled Pork:
- Use 2 kg of pork leg (cut into large chunks).
- Use 2 of onion (roughly chopped).
- Provide 2 of carrot (roughly sliced).
- Get 1 of lemon grass stalk.
- You need 3 Cups of cheapest white wine.
- Take 1,5 L of homemade chicken stock.
- Take 10 g of chinese 5 spice.
- Get 10 g of crushed garlic.
- Prepare 10 g of sliced ginger.
- Prepare 10 g of cumin spice.
- Use 1 bunch of thyme (leaves).
- Provide 2 of bay leaves.
- Get of Salt and pepper.
Instructions to make Pulled Pork:
- Pan fry pork leg sealing off the meat to lock in flavour and giving it a more presentable look. Seasoning each ingredient as you go. Once finished frying the pork add to the slow cooker or deep dish. Add herbs and spices..
- In the same pan as the pork add the onion, carrots, garlic and ginger fry until veg is sweating. Add white wine to deglaze the pan and burn off the alcohol. (If you smell and it burns your nostrils that would be the alcohol reducing). Add to the pork in the dish..
- Add chicken stock to cover the pork and slow cook it for apporximatly 6 hours. Until meat is soft and easy to pull. Pull out the pork and get rid of the bones. If using the oven cover it with tin foil and cook at 150'C.
- To get the gravy just blend excess pork fat with the liquid and veg (except the lemon grass) blend it and add half back to the pulled pork to add flavour and juices..
- Best served as a panini, pasta or pie. People will be amazed with this amazing meat.
If you find this Pulled Pork recipe helpful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.