Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe page, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the best Sophie's spicy pineapple crock pot ham recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Sophie's spicy pineapple crock pot ham recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Can Be An Easy Option.
Opting to eat healthily has marvelous benefits and is becoming a more popular way of life. Poor diet is a contributing factor in health conditions such as heart disease and hypertension which can put a drain on the economy. No matter where you look, people are encouraging you to live a more healthy lifestyle but then again, you are also being encouraged to rely on fast foods that can affect your health in a detrimental way. In all likelihood, a lot of people assume that it takes a lot of work to eat healthily and that they will have to drastically alter their lifestyle. It is possible, however, to make several minor changes that can start to make a good impact on our everyday eating habits.
Initially, you will have to be extremely careful when you are shopping for food that you don’t automatically put things in your cart that you no longer wish to eat. For example, if you have a bowl of cereal for breakfast, do you ever look to see what the sugar and salt content is before getting it? Eating a bowl of oatmeal will give you the energy to face the day while protecting your heart at the same time. Add fruits or spices to improve how the oatmeal tastes and now you have a breakfast that can be a usual part of your new healthy eating plan.
Evidently, it’s easy to begin incorporating healthy eating into your daily routine.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to sophie's spicy pineapple crock pot ham recipe. To cook sophie's spicy pineapple crock pot ham you need 5 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you do that.
The ingredients needed to prepare Sophie's spicy pineapple crock pot ham:
- Get 1 lb of ham/gammon joint (I used boneless)..
- Take 1/2 cup of dark brown sugar.
- You need 1 of tin pineapple.
- Provide 1/2 cup of sliced jalapenos.
- Get 1 tsp of garlic powder.
Instructions to make Sophie's spicy pineapple crock pot ham:
- Crumble sugar into the bottom of your slow cooker. Mix in jalapenos, garlic powder, and the juice from your pineapple tin..
- Chop half the pineapple into chunks, and put in the slow cooker..
- Mix thoroughly, then add your meat. If you can, put it fat side down..
- Rub the exposed meat with more sugar, put the lid on and bake for the first hour on high..
- After an hour, turn the temperature down to low and continue to cook for another 3 hours. This is based on a 1.5lb piece of meat – you will need to adjust your cooking time accordingly..
- Half way through the cooking time you may wish to turn your meat over. Baste it with the juices, then sprinkle more sugar on top..
- At the end of the cooking time, remove from the slow cooker and leave to rest for 5-10 minutes..
- While the ham is resting, put about 50ml of the cooking liquid into a saucepan. Heat gently, and add 1tbsp of corn flour. Store until it starts to thicken, and then add the rest of the juices and 100ml vegetable stock. Simmer for a few minutes and remove from the heat..
- Slice up your ham, serve with the sauce and whatever accompaniments you wish..
If you find this Sophie's spicy pineapple crock pot ham recipe valuable please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.