Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe page, if you’re looking for Gingerbread biscuits recipe, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Gingerbread biscuits recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Gingerbread biscuits recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Can Be An Easy Choice.
The benefits of healthy eating are now being given more publicity than ever before and there are a number of reasons for this. There are numerous health conditions linked with a poor diet and there is a cost to the overall economy as people suffer from health problems such as heart disease and hypertension. There are more and more campaigns to try to get us to follow a healthier lifestyle and nonetheless it is also easier than ever to rely on fast, convenient food that is often bad for our health. In all probability, most people assume that it takes a great deal of work to eat healthily and that they will have to drastically alter their lifestyle. It is possible, however, to make some minor changes that can start to make a positive impact to our everyday eating habits.
If you want to see results, it is definitely not a requirement to drastically alter your eating habits. It’s not a bad idea if you want to make big changes, but the most important thing is to gradually switch to making healthier eating choices. Soon enough, you will likely see that you will eat more and more healthy food as your taste buds get accustomed to the change. Over time, your eating habits will change and your new eating habits will totally replace the way you ate before.
As you can see, it’s not at all hard to begin incorporating healthy eating into your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to gingerbread biscuits recipe. To make gingerbread biscuits you only need 13 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you do it.
The ingredients needed to make Gingerbread biscuits:
- You need of butter.
- Get of brown sugar (1 cup firmly packed).
- Take of treacle (1 cup).
- Take of eggs, lightly wisked.
- Prepare of plain flour (4 cups).
- Use of self raising flour.
- Get of ground ginger.
- Provide of ground cinnamon.
- You need of ground cloves.
- Take of bicarbonate of soda.
- Prepare of egg whites (for icing).
- You need of pure icing sugar (2 2/3 cups) (for icing).
- Use of fresh lemon juice (for icing).
Instructions to make Gingerbread biscuits:
- Place butter, brown sugar and treacle in a saucepan over low – medium heat. Stir untill butter melts and sugar dissolves. Cool for 10 mins.
- Combine butter mixture and and 2 eggs (not the 2 egg whites) in a large bowl, sift in flours, ginger, cinnamon, cloves and bicarbonate of soda over the butter mixture. Stir until well combined, kneed on a floured surface until smooth. Shape into a disc, cover with glad wrap and refrigerate for 1 hour..
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Line 2 baking trays (i line 4 trays personally) with baking paper. Roll out dough in portions to 5mm thick. Cut with cutters and and place on lined trays. Cook for 5-7 mins or untill golden..
- Cool on tray for 5 mins before transferring to wire racks. Repeat with remaining dough..
- Icing: Place egg whites in a bowl, use wooden spoon to lightly beat the egg whites until foamy, sift icing sugar over the egg and stir until smooth. Add lemon juice and stir until well combined. Put mixture in piping bag with desired nozzle..
- Optional: Add M&M minis to the biscuits with icing sugar.
If you find this Gingerbread biscuits recipe useful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.