Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe page, looking for the perfect Steamed Buns with Braised Brisket recipe? look no further! We provide you only the perfect Steamed Buns with Braised Brisket recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Steamed Buns with Braised Brisket recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Make Healthy Eating A Part of Your Life.
The benefits of healthy eating are these days being given more publicity than ever before and there are a number of reasons why this is so. There are a number of illnesses associated with a poor diet and there is a cost to the overall economy as individuals suffer from diseases such as heart disease and hypertension. There are more and more campaigns to try to get us to lead a healthier way of living and all the same it is also easier than ever to rely on fast, convenient food that is not good for our health. In all probability, most people think that it takes a lot of work to eat healthily and that they will have to drastically alter their way of life. It is possible, though, to make several simple changes that can start to make a positive impact to our everyday eating habits.
One way to deal with this to start seeing some results is to realize that you do not need to change everything at once or that you need to entirely do away with certain foods from your diet. If you would like to commit to a wholesale change, that is fine but the main thing at first is to try to make sure that you are making more healthy eating choices. As you become accustomed to the taste of healthy foods, you will discover that you’re eating more healthily than you did. Gradually, your eating habits will change and your new eating habits will completely replace the way you ate before.
Obviously, it’s not at all difficult to begin integrating healthy eating into your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to steamed buns with braised brisket recipe. To make steamed buns with braised brisket you only need 17 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to prepare Steamed Buns with Braised Brisket:
- Take of brisket.
- Get of cooking fat (such as canola oil or duck fat).
- Prepare of soy sauce.
- Prepare of fish sauce.
- Get of Worcestershire sauce.
- Provide of beef stock.
- Use of roughly chopped cilantro, divided.
- Use of whole coriander seeds.
- Take of whole cumin seeds.
- Use of whole fennel seeds.
- Take of fresh ginger.
- Provide of sugar.
- Get of garlic, chopped.
- You need of sambal oelek (or other chili paste).
- Get of salt and black pepper.
- Provide of steamed buns, frozen.
- Take of carrots, shredded.
Steps to make Steamed Buns with Braised Brisket:
- Preheat oven to 285°F..
- Pat the brisket dry and season generously on both sides with salt and black pepper..
- Heat the cooking fat in a large dutch oven until shimmering. Add the brisket, fat side down until it gets a good sear, about 3-4 minutes. Flip and sear the other side..
- Add the soy sauce, fish sauce, Worcestershire sauce and the beef stock to the dutch oven with the brisket and bring to a boil then reduce to a simmer..
- Add 1 cup of the cilantro, coriander seeds, cumin seeds, fennel seeds, ginger, garlic and sugar to the dutch oven. Return to a simmer..
- Place the lid on the dutch oven and put in the oven. After 2 hours in the oven, add the sambal oelek to the cooking liquid and stir gently. Cook an additional 30-60 minutes until the brisket reaches an internal temperature of about 200°F. Remove from the oven and set aside the brisket on a plate. Cover with aluminum foil..
- While the brisket rests, steam the frozen buns for about 5-6 minutes..
- Strain the remaining liquid, simmer and reduce for about 10-12 minutes..
- Slice the brisket into sizes that fit on the steamed buns..
- Assemble: place 1-2 pieces of brisket on each steamed bun. Carefully spoon sauce on the brisket, then add cilantro and shredded carrot to taste. If desired, top with sambal oelek. Serve with rice topped with a bit of the sauce and sambal oelek if desired..
If you find this Steamed Buns with Braised Brisket recipe valuable please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.