Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe site, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the best Shrimp and Corn Chowder recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Shrimp and Corn Chowder recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Techniques To Live Green And Conserve Money In The Kitchen.
Remember when the only people who cared about the environment were tree huggers as well as hippies? Those days are over, and it seems we all recognize our role in stopping and conceivably reversing the damage being done to our planet. Unless everyone begins to start living more green we won’t be able to fix the problems of the environment. This must happen soon and living in ways more friendly to the environment should become an objective for every individual family. Read on for some ways to go green and save energy, generally in the kitchen.
Perhaps the food isn’t quite as good when cooked in the microwave, but it will save you money to use it over your oven. Perhaps the realization that an oven makes use of 75% more energy will stimulate you to use the microwave more. Countertop appliances will boil water or steam vegetables more quickly than your stove, and use a lot less electricity. You might believe that you save energy by washing your dishes by hand, nonetheless that is not true. Particularly if you make sure the dishwasher is full before starting a cycle. By cool drying or even air drying the dishes as opposed to heat drying them, you can raise the amount of money you save.
As you can see, there are many little things that you can do to save energy, and save money, in the kitchen alone. Green living is not that difficult. It’s concerning being functional, more often than not.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to shrimp and corn chowder recipe. You can have shrimp and corn chowder using 10 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you do that.
The ingredients needed to prepare Shrimp and Corn Chowder:
- Use 6-8 of small, red potatoes, cubed.
- Take 1 of large onion, chopped.
- Get 1 pint of heavy whipping cream.
- Get 1 of container (48 oz) chicken stock (low sodium is okay).
- Use 1-2 lb of peeled, raw shrimp, each cut in half.
- Use 1 tbsp of parsley flakes.
- Take 1/2 stick of butter.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of crab boil seasoning.
- Take 1 of container (16oz) lump crab meat (optional).
- Provide 2 cans of drained corn kernels, or one large bag of frozen kernels.
Steps to make Shrimp and Corn Chowder:
- In a large pot, melt your butter on medium heat and add your cubed potatoes and chopped onion. Sauté on low/medium heat for approximately 15 minutes..
- Add chicken stock, crab boil seasoning and bring to a boil. Add your corn..
- Reduce heat back to medium/low and add entire pint of heavy whipping cream, stirring until fully mixed. Simmer on low heat for about 10 minutes, making sure your heat is not so high that it sticks..
- And your shrimp last. If you're feeling adventurous, also add a 16 oz. container of lump crab meat..
- Allow your chowder to cook on a low heat for about 15 minutes..
- Garnish with parsley flakes and serve in small bowls..
If you find this Shrimp and Corn Chowder recipe helpful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.