Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe page, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the best Persian dill and fava beans rice with lamb shank (baghali polow BA mahichey) recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Persian dill and fava beans rice with lamb shank (baghali polow BA mahichey) recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Techniques To Live Green And Spend less Money In The Kitchen.
Remember when the only individuals who cared about the environment were tree huggers and hippies? Those days are over, and it looks like we all realize our role in stopping and conceivably reversing the damage being done to our planet. According to the experts, to clean up the environment we are all going to have to make some adjustments. This must happen soon and living in ways more friendly to the environment should become a goal for every individual family. Continue reading for some ways to go green and save energy, largely in the kitchen.
Changing light bulbs is definitely as good a place to start as any. This will go beyond the kitchen, nonetheless that is okay. The typical light bulbs are the incandescent style, which must be replaced with compact fluorescent lightbulbs, which save energy. They cost a little bit more in the beginning, but they last ten times longer, and use less electricity. Using these longer-lasting lightbulbs has the benefit that many fewer lightbulbs make it into landfills. Coupled with different light bulbs, you should learn to leave the lights off whenever they are not needed. The family spends a lot of time in the cooking area, and how typically does the kitchen light go on in the morning and is left on all day long. And it’s not restricted to the kitchen, it takes place in other parts of the house at the same time. Make a habit of having the lights on only when they are necessary, and you’ll be surprised at the amount of electricity you save.
As you can see, there are many little elements that you can do to save energy, and also save money, in the kitchen alone. It is quite uncomplicated to live green, after all. Largely, all it requires is a bit of common sense.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to persian dill and fava beans rice with lamb shank (baghali polow ba mahichey) recipe. To cook persian dill and fava beans rice with lamb shank (baghali polow ba mahichey) you need 17 ingredients and 28 steps. Here is how you do it.
The ingredients needed to prepare Persian dill and fava beans rice with lamb shank (baghali polow BA mahichey):
- Take 4 cups of rice.
- Get 2 pieces of lamb shanks.
- Get 2 of large onions, finely chopped.
- Provide 2 cups of cooked fava beans.
- You need 150 g of dried dill (fresh dill).
- Take 1 tsp of cinnamon powder.
- You need 1 tbsp of rose petals powder.
- Get 1/4 tsp of cardamom.
- Use 1/2 tsp of turmeric.
- Provide of Saffron threads.
- Get 1 of orange.
- You need 1 of lime.
- You need 2 of potatoes, thinly sliced.
- You need 2 of small stalks of parsley (it could be rosemary, thyme or parsley as well).
- Prepare of Salt- chilli powder.
- Use of Oil.
- Get of Butter.
Steps to make Persian dill and fava beans rice with lamb shank (baghali polow BA mahichey):
- Heat the oil in a pan. Add chopped onions with turmeric and cinnamon powder and sauté until soft..
- Wash and drain lamb shanks. Add the meat to the onions.
- And fry for about 15 minutes or until turns brown..
- Zest the lime..
- In a bowl with orange juice, add lime peel add pinch of chili powder and saffron thread, mix all together..
- Add this juice to the fried meat. Pour 1 liter water into the meat pot and let it to cook until tender. Once it’s cooked season it with salt..
- Cook fava beans then peel the skin off of the beans. Set aside..
- Wash the rice. Pour the rice into salted water and soak it for about 1 hour. In a large pan, bring water to boil. Pour off salted water from rice and pour it into boiling water. Let to boil for 10 minutes. Add cooked beans just before strain the rice..
- Drain and rinse the rice with tapped water. In a large pot/pan apply oil. Take potato slices one by one. Put one parsley leave on the potato slice (as you see in the photo). Apply all potato slices across the pot. Add a layer of rice, then spread dried dill top of the rice, then pinch of rose petals powder and at the end pinch of cardamom powder. Then second layer of rice and again some dried dill, rose petals and cardamom powder. Place some pieces of butter top of the rice, it will give so g.
- Take potato slices one by one..
- Put one parsley leave on the potato slice (as you see in the photo).
- Apply all potato slices across the pot.
- Add a layer of rice, then spread dried dill top of the rice,.
- Then pinch of rose petals powder and at the end pinch of cardamom powder. Then second layer of rice and again some dried dill, rose petals and cardamom powder..
- Place some pieces of butter top of the rice, it will give so good taste to the rice..
- Cover the pot with a lid and let to cook for 20 minutes with low heat..
- Once it is ready,.
- Serve the rice and garnish with saffron (if you like) and remove crusty potatoes and serve with rice, lamb shanks, pickles, salad or yogurt..
Add some oil to the pot, pour one layer of rice and spread some dried dill, do this until you finish rice. Baghali polo is the famous Persian dill rice with fava beans. It is a traditional favorite and a definite item on Persian restaurant I made this baghali polo with an amazing recipe for tender lamb shanks. Dill preparation: Rinse the dill and spin. Prepare a traditional Persian New Year recipe of lamb shanks with rice and fava beans — known as bagala polow — with "Food of Life" Add fava beans, dill, and chopped green garlic to remaining rice in colander; toss to combine.
If you find this Persian dill and fava beans rice with lamb shank (baghali polow BA mahichey) recipe valuable please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.