Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe page, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the best Katsudon or could be oyako don – Japanese staple dish recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Katsudon or could be oyako don – Japanese staple dish recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Energy Goodies.
We all know that consuming healthy snacks can help us truly feel better in our bodies. Increasing our daily allowance of healthy foods while lowering the intake of unhealthy types plays a role in a more wholesome feeling. Eating more fresh vegetables helps you feel much better than eating a piece of pizza. Sometimes it’s difficult to find wholesome foods for something to eat between meals. Shopping for goodies can be a difficult task because you have countless options. Why not try one of the following wholesome snacks the next time you need some extra energy?
Just about the most popular treats is natural yogurt. Sometimes people decide to eat yogurt over a healthy lunch which is not the right idea. As a snack, however, yogurt is one of the best things you are able to reach for. It is a protein-rich source of healthy nutritional vitamins. Yogurt is simple for the human body to digest and, based on the type of culture utilized to make the yogurt youre eating, can also help regulate your digestive system. Fast hint: pick unsweetened yogurt and add walnuts or flaxseeds. It’s an uncomplicated way to lessen sugar while still enjoying a delicious snack.
You can find lots of healthy snack foods you can choose that never involve a lot of preparation or searching. Deciding to live a healthy life style can be as easy as you want it to be.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to katsudon or could be oyako don – japanese staple dish recipe. You can cook katsudon or could be oyako don – japanese staple dish using 7 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you do it.
The ingredients needed to cook Katsudon or could be oyako don – Japanese staple dish:
- Take 1/2 of yellow onion.
- Use 1 of tonkatsu (1/2 if big) or 1 thighs.
- Take 2 of good quality eggs.
- Get 1 table spoon of dashi powder.
- Take 1 tablespoon of mirin.
- Get 1 tablespoon of shoyu (soy sauce).
- Provide 1/2 tablespoon of sugar.
Instructions to make Katsudon or could be oyako don – Japanese staple dish:
- Slice onion. In a pan, heat 1/2 cup water and add dashi and mirin. When boiled, add onion and cook low heat for 10 minutes. Add sugar and shoyu. Taste and add more shoyu if needed..
- Cut the tonkatsu bite size and place on top of the onion and cook a few minutes. Many Asian supermarket sells tonkatsu. This is panko breaded fried pork. For oyako don, replace this with chicken thighs. Cook for 5 minutes till chicken is cooked..
- In a bowl, mix eggs very roughly and pour over the tonkatsu. Rise to medium heat for 20 seconds then high heat for 20-30 seconds till eggs look 70% cooked. Stop the heat..
- Put one cup rice in a bowl. Carefully top the katsu/egg on the rice. Try to slide from the pot on top of the rice. Sprinkle hichimi (Japanese seven spice chilli powder).
Katsudon is hearty compared to other donburi, but the taste is so good that you will not mind the extra. Katsu-don is one of many popular dishes among Japanese. Apart from being a tasty dish, I think that the low price for the volume of meal you get must attract people. Katsudon is Tonkatsu (deep-fried pork) and eggs cooked in a sweet and salty broth and placed over rice. Don (donburi) means a bowl, and Donburi dishes are a popular kind of casual rice dish in Japan.
If you find this Katsudon or could be oyako don – Japanese staple dish recipe useful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.