Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe page, looking for the perfect Fish Cutlets(Indian spiced fish croquettes) recipe? look no further! We provide you only the perfect Fish Cutlets(Indian spiced fish croquettes) recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Fish Cutlets(Indian spiced fish croquettes) recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Doesn’t Have To Be A Chore.
Opting to eat healthily provides many benefits and is becoming a more popular way of living. Poor diet is a leading factor in diseases such as heart disease and hypertension which can place a drain on the economy. Everywhere you look, people are encouraging you to live a more healthy lifestyle but on the other hand, you are also being encouraged to rely on convenience foods that can affect your health in a damaging way. It is likely that many people feel it will take great effort to eat a healthy diet or that they have to make a large scale change to their way of life. It is possible, though, to make some simple changes that can start to make a difference to our everyday eating habits.
To see results, it is definitely not a necessity to drastically alter your eating habits. It’s not a bad idea if you want to make big changes, but the most important thing is to gradually switch to making healthier eating choices. Sooner or later, you will probably discover that you will eat more and more healthy food as your taste buds become accustomed to the change. Gradually, your eating habits will change and your new eating habits will totally replace the way you ate in the past.
Thus, it should be quite obvious that it’s easy to add healthy eating to your life.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to fish cutlets(indian spiced fish croquettes) recipe. To cook fish cutlets(indian spiced fish croquettes) you only need 20 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you do that.
The ingredients needed to cook Fish Cutlets(Indian spiced fish croquettes):
- Prepare of For juicy Filling:-.
- Use 250 gm of (5- 6 pieces) fish(Tuna/ Salmon/Mahi-mahi, etc).
- Get 5 of Onions-medium sized.
- Take – 4 of Mashed potatoes medium sized.
- Use 100 g of All-purpose flour (Maida)-.
- Get 1 of lemon,.
- Take 4 of green chillies.
- Prepare 1 small bowl of Finely chopped ginger & garlic – (50g).
- Get of Spices.
- You need 2 Tbsp of Turmeric powder-.
- Use 1 Tbsp of Red chilli powder -.
- Provide 2 Tbsp of Coriander powder-.
- Get 1/2 Tbsp of Black pepper powder-.
- Provide 2 Tbsp of All spices powder(garam masala) -.
- Take 1 Tbsp of Kashmiri red chilli powder-.
- Get as per taste of Salt-.
- Take of For Crispy Outer cover.
- Take 6 breads of Breadcrumbs-.
- You need 2 of eggs.
- Use as required of Frying- Vegetable oil or any regular oil (1/4 – 2 medium cups).
Instructions to make Fish Cutlets(Indian spiced fish croquettes):
- Take 5-6 pieces of fish and sprinkle a pinch of salt on each pieces..
- Now, add fish pieces and 100 ml water, in a pressure cooker or a deep bottom pan and let it cook for 20-25 minutes(for pressure cooker- 2 whistle)..
- After this, remove the fish pieces onto a plate and let it cool down🌬. You will see the colour of fish is now white(means our fish is cooked!) So don't overcook it!.
- After it cools down, remove skin & fishbones carefully….and shred off all the pieces. Then it will look this way👇🏻.
- Take a plate (big enough to mix all the filling ingredients!) Add finely chopped ginger-garlic, finely chopped onions, mashed potatoes, finely chopped green chillies, lemon juice,shredded fish & all-purpose flour and mix gently..
- Now it's time to add the 'gem' 💎-our spices with the above mix..
- Add salt as required, then mix it all again but gently! Orelse you won't get that correct consistency of the filling & now keep the filling aside for 15 minutes. Believe me, this enhances it's flavors!.
- Beat two eggs together in a bowl and keep it aside. Bring on the breadcrumbs..
- Add 2 medium cups oil in a deep bottom utensil for frying. If you want to do shallow frying then use 1/4 cup of oil in a nonstick pan, heat it🔥.
- Bring the filling mix, beaten eggs, & breadcrumbs over the cooking station and do the following step for making each cutlets👇🏻 Roll the filling mix into desired shape (I made round), then dip in egg batter & then onto breadcrumbs! Go with patience dear…as we are very near to our delicious cutlets!!.
- Rest these patties for 10 min and then fry or shallow fry the patties as desired, until these are golden brown & crispy on outside..
- Serve it hot with a tangy mint dip, ketchup, chilli mayo dip & don't forget to enjoy!.
- Tips:- You can bake the patties for a healthier version (at 400 deg.F for 15 minutes or till coating is browned). The oil must neither be too hot or not hot enough. If it is too hot, the cutlets will burn and if it is not hot enough, it has a tendency to absorb oil and turn soggy. Start with a hot pan of oil, then reduce the heat to medium and fry cutlets till evenly browned on both sides. Bring oil temperature up before dropping in the next batch of patties. Enjoy cooking.
If you find this Fish Cutlets(Indian spiced fish croquettes) recipe helpful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.