Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe page, looking for the perfect Potato Corn Chowder recipe? look no further! We provide you only the best Potato Corn Chowder recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Potato Corn Chowder recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Green Living In The Cooking area Can save you Dollars.
Until fairly recently any individual who portrayed concern about the wreckage of the environment raised skeptical eyebrows. That has fully changed now, since we all apparently have an awareness that the planet is having problems, and we all have a part to play in fixing it. Unless everyone begins to start living more green we won’t be able to resolve the problems of the environment. This must happen soon and living in methods more friendly to the environment should become an objective for every individual family. Continue reading for some approaches to go green and save energy, largely in the kitchen.
A lot of electricity is actually consumed by freezers as well as refrigerators, and it’s even worse if they are working inefficiently. In case you can get a new one, they use about 60% less than the old versions that happen to be more than ten years old. Maintaining the temperature of the fridge at 37F, in conjunction with 0F for the freezer, will certainly save on electricity, while keeping food at the correct temperature. Checking that the condenser is actually clean, which means that the motor needs to operate less regularly, will also save electricity.
The kitchen on its own gives you many small ways by which energy and money can be saved. Eco-friendly living is not that hard. It’s related to being functional, most of the time.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to potato corn chowder recipe. You can have potato corn chowder using 15 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you do it.
The ingredients needed to cook Potato Corn Chowder:
- Use 1 each of onion diced.
- Provide 1 small of carrot finely diced.
- Get 1 tbsp of oil.
- Provide 2 box of chicken broth (32 oz each).
- Take 8 medium of potatoes peeled and coarsely chopped.
- Prepare 1 pints of water.
- You need 2 cup of milk.
- You need 2 stick of celery finely diced.
- Provide 1/2 cup of ham diced.
- Take 1 1/4 tsp of salt or to taste.
- You need 1/2 tsp of black pepper or to taste.
- Get 1 1/2 cup of cheddar cheese shredded ( can use same amount Velveeta or Cheez Whiz).
- Take 3 tbsp of cornstarch (with equal amount cold water dissolved in small cup).
- Get 1/4 tsp of cayenne pepper or to taste.
- You need 1 cup of frozen or canned corn drained.
Steps to make Potato Corn Chowder:
- In a large stock pot place oil, onion, celery and carrot. Cook over medium heat until translucent..
- Add chicken broth and water to pot and heat until boiling..
- Add potatoes, ham and corn. Heat until it returns to boiling then reduce heat to medium..
- Cook until potatoes are tender approximately 10-15 minutes..
- Add milk and stir well..
- Then add salt, pepper, cayenne pepper and cheese. Cook until cheese melts..
- Stir cornstarch and water mixture into soup until thickened. If necessary, you can add more cornstarch with cold water to further thicken soup. Be careful though and only add a tablespoon of cornstarch mixture at a time. If you add too much cornstarch it will be too thick..
- Cook soup for about 10 more minutes..
- Enjoy! It tastes even better the next day..
- (Cornstarch mixture is made by mixing equal parts cornstarch and cold water in a small bowl or cup until dissolved).
If you find this Potato Corn Chowder recipe helpful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.