Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe site, if you’re looking for Grilled "Planked" Salmon with Peach – Mango Salsa recipe, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Grilled "Planked" Salmon with Peach – Mango Salsa recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Grilled "Planked" Salmon with Peach – Mango Salsa recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Doesn’t Have To Be A Chore.
The benefits of healthy eating are today being given more publicity than ever before and there are many reasons why this is so. Poor diet is a contributing factor in health conditions such as heart disease and hypertension which can place a drain on the economy. Everywhere you look, people are encouraging you to live a healthier way of living but but then, you are also being encouraged to rely on convenience foods that can affect your health in a detrimental way. It is likely that many people feel it will take lots of effort to eat a healthy diet or that they have to make a large scale change to their way of life. In reality, though, merely making a few small changes can positively impact daily eating habits.
Initially, you will need to be extremely careful when food shopping that you don’t automatically put things in your shopping cart that you no longer want to eat. For instance, in all likelihood you have never checked the box of your favorite cereal to find out how much sugar it contains. Consuming a bowl of oatmeal will supply you with the energy to face the day while protecting your heart simultaneously. Mix in fruits or spices to improve the flavor and now you have a breakfast that can be a normal part of your new healthy eating plan.
Therefore, it should be fairly obvious that it’s not hard to add healthy eating to your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to grilled "planked" salmon with peach – mango salsa recipe. To make grilled "planked" salmon with peach – mango salsa you only need 10 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to cook Grilled "Planked" Salmon with Peach – Mango Salsa:
- You need 2 of cedar planks (purchased in store’s BBQ section).
- Take of Salsa ….
- You need 12 oz of Salsa, store bought “fresh” (or homemade).
- Take 1 of mango, peeled, center removed, finely diced.
- Prepare 4 of peaches, peeled, pitted, finely chopped.
- Get 4 of salmon fillets (8-10 oz. each), remove skin.
- Use 1/4 cup of olive oil.
- Prepare Dash of salt, pepper, dried dill, thyme, and tarragon.
- Provide 4 sprigs of rosemary.
- Prepare 1 of lemon, slices for garnish.
Steps to make Grilled "Planked" Salmon with Peach – Mango Salsa:
- Soak the cedar planks in salted warm water for 2 to 4 hours. Weight the planks to submerge..
- In a small bowl, combine the salsa and mango and peach pieces and mix well. Chill in the refrigerator for later serving instructions..
- Preheat a charcoal fire in the grill, medium – high heat (or use your gas grill)..
- Remove the salmon fillet skins with a filleting knife. Rinse the fillets under water and gently pat dry with a paper towel. Drip olive oil on each side of fillet, spread it evenly, and season with the spices and herbs. Place rosemary sprigs and lemon slices on top..
- Place the soaked planks on the grill grate and close the lid. Heat until the planks begins to smoke (about 4-5 minutes). Turn the planks over to begin cooking..
- Place the fillets, “previous” skin side down on the planks. Close the lid and cook until the fillets are cooked through, 13 to 15 minutes..
- No need to turn the fillets. Be mindful of planks while grilling for edges burning. Fillets are done when you can flake them with a fork or internal temp is ~130˚..
- Carefully transfer the fillets (using a spatula) directly to a platter. Remove planks from the grill using tongs. [Depending on the plank’s condition, they can be used again if properly cleaned].
- Remove the rosemary sprigs and lemon slices from the fillets and discard. Spoon the peach – mango salsa over the fillets and garnish the plate with a lemon slice. Serve with white rice and grilled vegetables for a nice plate appearance..
If you find this Grilled "Planked" Salmon with Peach – Mango Salsa recipe helpful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.