Hearty Vegan Split-Pea and Lentil Soup.
Literally this is a simple recipe just past the extra ones. I think the hardest part is to find the best ingredients so you can enjoy the tasty Hearty Vegan Split-Pea and Lentil Soup for your lunch with your friends or family. You can have Hearty Vegan Split-Pea and Lentil Soup using 9 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Hearty Vegan Split-Pea and Lentil Soup
- It’s of dried split peas.
- It’s of green lentils.
- It’s of yellow lentils.
- You need of barley.
- It’s of olive oil.
- It’s of onions.
- You need of garlic.
- You need of carrots.
- You need of salt and pepper to taste.
Hearty Vegan Split-Pea and Lentil Soup instructions
- If possible, do this step ahead. If not, start here and disregard the times mentioned in this step: Rinse peas and lentils well and leave in water (together in one bowl) to soak for 30 minutes up to 4 hours. Prepare barley similarly and soak separately for 30 minutes..
- Place large (8L) pressure cooker or 5L pot on med-high heat. When pot is warm, add olive oil. Meanwhile coarsely chop onion and add to pot after olive oil. Saute for 5-8 minutes till clear. While onions cook, peel carrots and slice into 1/4 inch "pennies"..
- Chop garlic and add to onion. Saute till fragrant..
- Drain peas and lentils and add to pot. Mix well and let cook together until very fragrant, about 3-5 minutes..
- For pressure cooker: Add carrots to pot. Rinse barley, add to pot and cook together for 1-2 minutes. Add 3L water (or double the height of the peas). In any case do not exceed pot limit. Season, cover and cook at med-high heat for 40 minutes (after achieving pressure). Turn off heat, leave pot closed for another 30 minutes..
- For regular pot: Add carrots to pot and cook for two minutes. Add water till three times the height of the peas, or about 1.5 inches from pot rim. Season, bring to a boil and cook for 3 hours. Rinse barley, add to pot and continue to cook another 35 mins – 1 hour..
- Best enjoyed after resting overnight or at least 2 hours..
I want just to let you know the recipe already tested, you helpfully follow all the cooking steps and collect the ingredients to acquire the delicious Hearty Vegan Split-Pea and Lentil Soup. If you have questions or requests concerning this article, charm retrieve us as soon as possible. And don’t forget to bookmark this page hence you will easily locate it over later. The content source: https://cookpad.com