Potato and leek soup – vegan. This vegan potato leek soup is everything you want a soup to be! It's warming, comforting, hearty, satisfying and oh, soooo delicious! Potatoes are total comfort food and blending them up in a creamy soup with leeks and onions and spices and garlic and all kinds of good stuff, well you know it's going.
Making a vegan version of this classic soup was a breeze. A combination of coconut cream and white miso mimic the salty creaminess of the butter and cream used in "traditional" potato and leek soups. The coconut cream won't actually make this soup taste like coconut – I promise.
Believe it or not this is a simple recipe just later than the extra ones. I think the hardest part is to find the best ingredients hence you can enjoy the appetizing Potato and leek soup – vegan for your breakfast with your friends or family. You can cook Potato and leek soup – vegan using 8 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Potato and leek soup – vegan
- It’s 3 cups of vegan stock.
- You need of About 350 g potatoes – which works out to about 3 medium-sized potatoes or about 1 1/2 cups – peeled and chopped into bite-sized chunks.
- It’s 1 of leek, finely chopped.
- You need 1 tsp of fresh oregano, finely chopped.
- It’s 1 tsp of fresh thyme, finely chopped.
- You need 1 tsp of flat-leaf parsley, finely chopped.
- It’s 1 tsp of salt.
- You need of Generous pinch of pepper.
Soup lovers, can I have your attention please? You are not going to want to miss this potato and leek soup recipe, trust me. If you are anything like me, you love soup! And I mean, hellooo… what's not to love?
Potato and leek soup – vegan step by step
- Put the potatoes, leek and stock in a pan. Bring to a boil..
- Add the herbs and seasoning..
- Simmer for about 30 mins – til the vegetables are tender..
- If you feel like it, blend the soup to make it smooth. I usually just mash the potato a bit if the chunks are big..
- Serve, season to taste and enjoy 😋.
Potato leek soup, or potage parmentier, is a French classic. It's one of the first dishes I learned to make in culinary school, right after a proper omelet, because it's an essential base soup in French cuisine. Add watercress for potage au cresson, serve it chilled for Vichyssoise — or top it with bacon. A hearty, creamy and dairy-free potato leek soup that will most definitely hit the spot during these cold winter months. This creamy vegan potato leek soup combines my two favorite things along with a somewhat underrated winter vegetable: leeks.
I would just to let you know recipe already tested by team, you handily follow all the cooking instructions and prepare the ingredients to acquire the savory Potato and leek soup – vegan. If you have questions or requests something like this article, divert read us as soon as possible. And don’t forget to bookmark this page for that reason you will easily locate it anew later. The content source: https://cookpad.com