Monk’s Vegan Soup ‘Kenchin-jiru’.
Literally this is a simple recipe just later than the other ones. I think the hardest allocation is to locate the best ingredients consequently you can enjoy the savory Monk’s Vegan Soup ‘Kenchin-jiru’ for your breakfast with your connections or family. You can cook Monk’s Vegan Soup ‘Kenchin-jiru’ using 16 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Monk’s Vegan Soup ‘Kenchin-jiru’
- Prepare 1-2 teaspoons of Sesame Oil.
- It’s 1/2 of Carrot.
- It’s 5 cm of Daikon (White Radish).
- It’s 4-5 of Satoimo (small Taros) *OR 1 large Potato.
- Prepare 10 cm of Gobo (Burdock Root) *optional.
- You need 1 pinch of Salt.
- Prepare 4 tablespoons of Soy Sauce.
- You need of Ground Chilli OR finely ground White Pepper *optional.
- It’s 200 g of Tofu *medium firm type such as ‘Momen’.
- Prepare 1 sheet of Abura-age (Fried Thin Tofu).
- It’s 3 of & 1/2 cups Water.
- You need 1 of Spring Onion *finely shopped.
- You need 10 cm of Kombu (Kelp).
- Prepare of <Stock>.
- It’s 4-5 of Dried Shiitake.
- You need of *Note: You can use 1 heaped teaspoon Dashi Powder instead.
Monk’s Vegan Soup ‘Kenchin-jiru’ instructions
- Prepare the stock first. Place cold Water in a bowl, add cleaned Kombu (Kelp) and Dried Shiitake, and soak for at least 1-2 hours. Softened Shiitake can be cut into small pieces and added to the soup later..
- *Note: Do not add the softened Kombu to the soup. Kombu will get slimy and unpleasant flavour will come out. Use it for something else..
- Cut all Vegetables and Tofu into small pieces that are easy to eat. Finely cut Spring Onion for topping..
- Heat Sesame Oil in a large saucepan or pot, stir-fry Vegetables for a few minutes. Add 1 pinch Salt to season..
- Add 3 cups Kombu (Kelp) and Shiitake stock. (*Avoid the dirt and settlings.) Bring to the simmer and cook for 10 minutes. Season with Soy Sauce and cook until all vegetables are soft..
- *Note: I add 1 pinch Ground Chilli OR White Pepper for a hint of spiciness. This is totally untraditional, but I like it..
- When Vegetables are soft, add Abura-age (Fried Thin Tofu) and Tofu, and bring back to the boil. Then it’s done!.
- Sprinkle with finely chopped Spring Onion and enjoy..
Just to let you know the recipe already tested, you suitably follow every the cooking steps and collect the ingredients to get the savory Monk’s Vegan Soup ‘Kenchin-jiru’. If you have questions or requests in this area this article, occupy gate us as soon as possible. And don’t forget to bookmark this page thus you will easily find it another time later. The content source: https://cookpad.com