Shredded Chicken Teriyaki – Slow Cooker. Slow cookers can really do it all, from pulled pork to applesauce to soup, and now, pulled chicken teriyaki. Yesterday I returned home from a blogging retreat in Deer Valley, Utah, where the plunging temperatures left me hankering for a bowl of something warm to cozy up to. Slow cooker teriyaki chicken is chicken breasts cooked with garlic, ginger, soy sauce and honey, then shredded and drizzled with sauce.
Great recipe for Shredded Chicken Teriyaki – Slow Cooker. All the flavors of delicious teriyaki, but the slow cooker does all the work for you. The chicken is nice and tender.
Actually this is a simple recipe just bearing in mind the other ones. I think the hardest allocation is to find the best ingredients consequently you can enjoy the delicious Shredded Chicken Teriyaki – Slow Cooker for your breakfast with your connections or family. You can cook Shredded Chicken Teriyaki – Slow Cooker using 14 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Shredded Chicken Teriyaki – Slow Cooker
- You need 2 lb. of boneless, skinless chicken breasts.
- You need 1/2 cup of soy sauce (reduced sodium recommended).
- You need 1/4 cup of honey.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of brown sugar.
- You need 1/4 cup of rice wine vinegar (apple cider vinegar works also).
- You need 1/2 tsp. of sesame oil.
- It’s 3 cloves of garlic, minced.
- It’s 1/2 tsp. of ground ginger.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp. of ground black pepper.
- You need 1/4 cup of cold water.
- Prepare 1 tbsp. of cornstarch.
- It’s of Optional Garnishes :.
- Prepare of ·Sesame Seeds.
- You need of ·Scallions.
This is delicious served over rice or some quinoa with some steamed veggies. Add chicken and turn to coat. Add the chicken breasts to the bottom of your slow cooker in a single layer. In a separate bowl, whisk together the garlic, onion, honey, soy sauce, rice wine vinegar, ginger, and black pepper until combined.
Shredded Chicken Teriyaki – Slow Cooker instructions
- Lightly grease your slow cooker. Trim the fat off the chicken breasts and place in the slow cooker..
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the soy sauce, honey, rice vinegar, sesame oil, ginger, garlic and pepper..
- Pour sauce over the chicken and place the lid on. Cook on low for 6-8 hours OR on high for 3-4 hours (times may vary depending on how hot your slow cooker gets)..
- Once chicken is tender and falling apart, take it out of the slow cooker and shred it with two forks. Set aside. This is also a good time to cook rice or veggies (whatever you'd like to serve on the side.).
- Move the sauce carefully from the slow cooker into a medium saucepan. In a small bowl or in the measuring cup, whisk together the cornstarch and cold water until cornstarch is completely dissolved. Then whisk that slurry into the sauce. Bring to a boil over med-high heat and simmer until thickened (should be a syrupy consistency). This will only take a few minutes..
- Pour sauce over the shredded chicken and toss to combine. Top individual servings with green onions and sesame seeds, if you'd like..
This teriyaki pulled chicken literally takes just minutes to put together and cooks all on its own in the slow cooker until you're ready to eat. All you need to make this easy delicious pulled chicken is boneless, skinless chicken pieces. I use a combination of chicken breasts and thighs, but you can certainly use all of one type if you prefer. Return the teriyaki pork to the slow cooker and add in some cilantro and green onions. You can keep the Crock-Pot set to warm until you're ready to serve it so that it stays moist and hot!
Just to let you know the recipe already tested, you conveniently follow all the cooking instructions and prepare the ingredients to acquire the delicious Shredded Chicken Teriyaki – Slow Cooker. If you have questions or requests a propos this article, entertain gate us as soon as possible. And don’t forget to bookmark this page hence you will easily locate it again later.