Loaded Potato Soup – Slow Cooker. This slow cooker potato soup has the same ingredients as loaded baked potatoes–russet potatoes, bacon, Cheddar cheese, sour cream, and scallions–but is delivered in soup form! It is loaded with tender, diced potatoes in a creamy soup broth that is thick and chunky. This slow cooker soup is made for the potato lovers.
Stir in chicken stock, onion, garlic, thyme, butter and bacon until well combined. Stir in cream cheese, cream and butter. Just before serving, whisk soup to combine.
Surprisingly this is an easy recipe just later than the additional ones. I think the hardest part is to find the best ingredients so you can enjoy the savory Loaded Potato Soup – Slow Cooker for your breakfast with your friends or family. You can cook Loaded Potato Soup – Slow Cooker using 12 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Loaded Potato Soup – Slow Cooker
- You need 8 slices of bacon.
- Prepare 2 lb. of russet or yukon gold potatoes.
- It’s 1/2 of yellow onion, diced.
- Prepare 3 cloves of garlic, minced.
- You need 4 cups of unsalted chicken or vegetable broth.
- Prepare 1 tsp. of dried thyme.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp. of herbs de provence (or poultry seasoning works).
- It’s 2/3 cup of sour cream.
- You need 1/2 cup of heavy cream.
- Prepare 1 cup of shredded cheddar cheese (plus additional for topping).
- It’s 1 tsp. of dried chives.
- Prepare To taste of salt and pepper.
Soup doesn't get much easier than making it in the slow cooker, does it? And here we have one of the ultimate comfort food soups made in the slow cooker. I've already posted four slow cooker soup recipes this season and they're quickly becoming my favorite way to make soup so I figured I may as well post another. Add the potatoes, onions, chicken broth, salt and pepper to the slow cooker.
Loaded Potato Soup – Slow Cooker step by step
- In a large skillet, cook the bacon over med-high heat for 5-7 minutes, until browned and crispy (Or you can bake in the oven @ 400°F for about 12-15 minutes). Then remove the bacon with some tongs onto a towel lined plate and set it aside. Once it's cooled, roughly chop it..
- Peel and roughly chop the potatoes. Place them into a greased slow cooker along with half of the drained bacon (save the rest for topping the finished soup with), broth, onion, garlic, thyme and herbs. Give it all a good stir, then place the lid on and cook on low heat for 6-7 hours, until the potatoes are tender..
- Once tender, use a masher to just roughly mash some of the potatoes, until it reaches your desired consistency. Then stir in the sour cream, heavy cream, dried chives and the 1 cup cheddar cheese. Season it to taste with salt and pepper..
- Place the lid back on for an additional 15-20 minutes, until everything is heated through..
- Serve immediately, topped with the reserved bacon bits and additional cheddar cheese, along with some freshly chopped chives, if you'd like. Refrigerate any leftovers..
In a saucepan, combine the butter, flour, heavy cream and sour cream. This Slow Cooker Loaded Baked Potato Soup is bound to be a dinner time win! This soup has just taken over the status of my go to soup for the next several months (at least)! In fact, I've already made it a few times and my kids are already asking for it again, it is the best. When it's time to eat, load it up with classic baked potato toppings like bacon, green onions and cheese.
Just to let you know the recipe already tested, you usefully follow every the cooking steps and collect the ingredients to acquire the savory Loaded Potato Soup – Slow Cooker. If you have questions or requests concerning this article, divert open us as soon as possible. And don’t forget to bookmark this page consequently you will easily locate it anew later.