Crockpot Salsa Chicken. Place chicken breasts in a slow cooker and cover with salsa. Toss until the chicken is covered. Shred the chicken in the slow cooker and toss with the remaining salsa and juices until well-mixed.
Layer diced tomatoes with habaneros, onion, celery, and carrot over the chicken, respectively; top with salsa. The chicken falls apart and becomes immensely tender, flavored with the familiar flavors of chunky salsa and taco. How to Make Crockpot Salsa Chicken.
Surprisingly this is a simple recipe just later than the extra ones. I think the hardest part is to find the best ingredients as a result you can enjoy the tasty Crockpot Salsa Chicken for your dinner with your associates or family. You can cook Crockpot Salsa Chicken using 3 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Crockpot Salsa Chicken
- It’s 6 of Skinless chicken breasts (season with salt and pepper).
- It’s 1 Jar of Mild salsa (about 2 cups).
- It’s 1 cup of shredded cheese, Mexican blend.
You don't want to cook it more than that, because it will start falling apart. Place chicken breasts in your crock pot, season with a little salt and pepper and cover completely with salsa. Place chicken in a bowl and strain out just the salsa, not the juice. Shred chicken using two forks and mix in strained salsa.
Crockpot Salsa Chicken instructions
- Place whole chicken breasts in your crockpot and pour the salsa over it. Cook anywhere from 1½ to 2 hours on high, you don't want to cook it longer because it will start falling apart..
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Take a 8×8 baking dish or 9×13, depends how big your chicken breasts are (mine were fairly small), you can spray it with cooking spray if you want, but I didn't, and carefully place the chicken in the dish. Spoon some of the leftover salsa (from the crockpot) over the chicken and sprinkle evenly with the cheese..
- Bake for 15 minutes or until it's nice and golden brown, and you'll see the sauce and cheese bubbling..
Place first four ingredients in crock pot. To serve, use chicken mixture as filling inside tortillas. Place chicken in the bottom of a slow cooker. Sprinkle with chili powder, garlic powder, cumin, and onion powder. Top evenly with salsa and green chile peppers.
I want just to let you know this recipe already tested, you handily follow all the cooking instructions and prepare the ingredients to get the appetizing Crockpot Salsa Chicken. If you have questions or requests as regards this article, please log on us as soon as possible. And don’t forget to bookmark this page so you will easily locate it again later.