Slow Cooker Chicken Parmesan. In another bowl, combine egg and water. Dip chicken in egg mixture, then in crumb mixture to coat both sides, patting to help coating adhere. In small shallow bowl, beat egg until foamy.
Spread pasta sauce evenly over chicken. The only thing I might do differently is use chicken tenders instead of larger breasts; the chicken was just a little thick and bland because the flavors couldn't seep in. Alternatively I might marinate the chicken for an hour or two before breading and cooking to give it a little more flavor.
Yes, this is a simple recipe just next the other ones. I think the hardest part is to find the best ingredients consequently you can enjoy the delicious Slow Cooker Chicken Parmesan for your dinner with your friends or family. You can have Slow Cooker Chicken Parmesan using 10 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Slow Cooker Chicken Parmesan
- You need 4 of boneless skinless chicken breast halves.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of olive oil.
- You need 1/2 cup of bread crumbs.
- You need 1/4 cup of grated parmesan cheese.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of Italian seasoning.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of black pepper.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of salt.
- You need 1 of egg.
- You need 1 small of brick of mozzarella cheese.
- Prepare 24 oz of jar of favorite marinara sauce.
Slice chicken breasts in half lengthwise. Combine crushed tomatoes, tomato sauce, tomato paste, slat, pepper, basil, and garlic in the bottom of the slow cooker and mix well. Add chicken breasts on top of the sauce and sprinkle with salt a pepper. Remove chicken from slow cooker and stir sauce.
Slow Cooker Chicken Parmesan step by step
- Spread the olive oil in bottom of slow cooker (if using a Crockpot, bottom of stoneware insert)..
- In a bowl, whip egg with a fork..
- In a seperate bowl, combine bread crumbs, parmesan cheese, Italian seasoning, salt and peppper and mix well..
- Dip the chicken into the egg, then dip into the bread crumb mixture coating both sides..
- Place chicken on bottom of slow cooker..
- Layer each chicken breast with 2 to 3 slices of mozzarella cheese..
- Pour entire jar of marinara sauce over chicken breasts..
- Place lid on slow cooker. Cook on low for 6-7 hours or on high for 3-4 hours. Serve as is or with your favorite pasta..
Chicken breasts are simmered with marinara sauce in a slow cooker, then topped with mozzarella and Parmesan cheese in this simple recipe. Dip chicken breasts into beaten egg, then into breadcrumb mixture. Place chicken breasts in the bottom of slow cooker. Remove cooked chicken and sauce from slow cooker. Slow Cooker Parmesan Chicken and Rice – a quick and easy weeknight recipe!
Just inform you that the recipe already tested, you usefully follow all the cooking instructions and collect the ingredients to get the delicious Slow Cooker Chicken Parmesan. If you have questions or requests all but this article, entertain edit us as soon as possible. And don’t forget to bookmark this page so you will easily locate it anew later.